Each year is a gentle reminder of God’s gift of life on this earth,
He created a world filled with beauty for us to enjoy from our birth,
He gives us His love to surround us,
He listens to every request…
And through every year that God gives you, may you celebrate life and feel blessed.
Happy New Year
Advent season is a season of hope and expectation!
Many of us will be a part of family gatherings. We will reenact time-honored traditions. Gifts will be bought. Homes will be decorated. Special meals will be prepared and to crown all these observances, click here to read more Christmas
- Relieve Stress: “Gratitude research is beginning to suggest that feelings of thankfulness have tremendous positive value in helping people cope with daily problems, especially stress,” Emmons said in a WebMD article.
- Become Happier and More Fit: People who keep gratitude journals tend to exercise more, feel better physically and be happier and more optimistic about their lives in general.
- Reach Your Goals: People who kept gratitude lists for two months were closer to achieving their personal goals than those who did not.
- Acquire a Sense of Well-Being: Grateful people report higher levels of positive emotions, vitality and life satisfaction and lower levels of depression and stress.
- Cope With Illness: Emmons found that a 21-day gratitude intervention produced more high-energy positive moods, a greater sense of feeling connected to others, more optimistic ratings of one’s life, and better sleep duration and quality in people with a neuromuscular disease.
“Being grateful is a boon to humankind, showering benefits on both your mind and body”- Robert Emmons, a psychology professor at the University of California
Davis and colleagues
Adapted From: http://www.sixwise.com/Newsletters/2008/November/24/What-are-You-Thankful-for-This-Thanksgiving.htm