The Shocking Truth!
“Wholisme Nutrients vs. Reductionism Synthetic, Isolated Nutrients”
Americans are now spending more than $17 billion a year on supplements for health and wellness. One thing seems fairly apparent – most supplements are not helping, because not all supplements are created equal!
I’ll help you to see the clearer picture in comparison the whole food concentrate nutritional supplements to highly-processed food synthetic, “nutraceutical” supplements or vitamins, which are comprised of mostly modern nutritional therapy that only make people sicker.
In fact, you’re somewhat familiar with the idea that whole foods are better for you than refined foods. As an example: Black or brown rice is healthier than white rice. Whole wheat flour is better for you than white enriched flour. Why should it be any difference for vitamins?
Similar to refined foods, refined vitamins have been robbed of all of the extra ancestry nutrients that they naturally come with as well. In turn, like refined foods, refined vitamins can create numerous problems and imbalances in your body, if taken at high levels for long periods of time. They can also act more like drugs in your body, forcing themselves down one pathway or another.
Isolated synthetic nutrients are NOT natural; they’re never found by themselves in nature. Taking these especially at the ultra-high doses found in most formulas today, is more like taking a drug. Studies show that the body treats these isolated and synthetic nutrients like xenobiotics (foreign substances). Xenobiotics are known to cause cancer.
Furthermore, like drugs, they can create problems for you too, if taken for a long period of time. Nature does not produce any nutrient in an isolated form! The nutrients in real whole foods are blended together in a specific unique way that work best, vigorously, and perfectly in that format.
Do you know that for an isolated nutrient to work properly in the body it needs all the other parts that are naturally present in the real whole food too, so then, they’re taken from the body’s stored supply? This is why isolated nutrients often work for a little while, then, seem to stop working. Once your body’s store of the extra nutrients is used up, the isolated nutrient you’re taking doesn’t work as well anymore. Worse yet, a deficiency in these extra nutrients can be created in your body causing new health symptoms.
So, What’s Going On?
Nowadays, people eat poor-quality foods that have been stripped of nutrients. The majority do not consume enough fresh fruits and vegetables. And if they do, these produces are loaded with chemicals like pesticides and herbicides. Eating whole grains from instant rice, refined wheat breads, pastas, and cereals makes the problem worse. As well as eating tremendous amount of prepackaged, premade meals, and fast food restaurants each day. People are overfed and undernourished!
The foods we eat are not providing our bodies with the nutrition it needs to survive and be healthy. We are starving our bodies and we are sick. We suffer from diabetes, heart attacks, obesity, and the list goes on and on.
In 1956, Dr. Royal Lee wrote the following: “We have drifted into this deplorable position of malnutrition quite inadvertently. It is the result of SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH with to objective of finding the best ways to create foods that are NON-PERISHABLE: that can be made by mass production methods in centrally located factories, and distributed so cheaply that they can sweep all local competition from the market. Then, after they developed a SUSPICION that these ‘FOODS’ are inadequate to support life, modern advertising SCIENCE steps in to propagandize the people into believing that there is nothing wrong with them (counterfeit or devitalized foods), that they are products of SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH intended to afford a food that is the last word in nutritive value…and … the CONFUSED PUBLIC is totally unable to arrive at any conclusion of fact. In turn, they continue to blindly buy the rubbish that is killing them off years ahead of their time. The American people have been humbugged into DIGGING THEIR GRAVES WITH THEIR TEETH.”
According to Dr. Michael C Gaeta DAc, MS, CDN
What are Vitamins?
- Highly complex organic (origin in nature) substances needed in very small amounts in the diet
- Not produced by the body in sufficient amounts
- Essential for human life growth, maintenance and health
- Each has its own unique function and cannot be replaced by any other substance
- Co-enzymes which regulate all metabolic (physical and chemical) processes, and are essential in energy production
Why Nutritional Supplements are Necessary?
Six factors play a big role in our need to nutritional supplements:
1) Poor diet, 2) soil depletion, 3) processed food decrease our nutritional supply, 4) stress, 5) environmental pollution, 6) any illness increase nutrient demand
Whole Food Supplements
Whole food supplements are what their name suggests: Supplements made from concentrated whole foods. The vitamins found within these supplements are not isolated. They are highly complex structures that combine a variety of enzymes, coenzymes, antioxidants, trace elements, activators and many other unknown or undiscovered factors all working together synergistically, to enable this vitamin complex to do its job in your body.
The perfect example of this difference can be seen in an automobile. An automobile is a wonderfully designed complex machine that needs all of its parts to be present and in place to function properly. Wheels are certainly an important part of the whole, but you could never isolate them from the rest of the car, call them a car or expect them to function like a car. They need the engine, body and everything else.
Synergy and Potency
Synergy: The various parts of a natural vitamin complex work together in a synergistic manner. Synergy means that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Nutritionist Judith DeCava puts it best: “Separating the group of compounds (in a vitamin complex) converts it from a physiological, biochemical, and active micronutrient into a disabled, debilitated chemical of little or no value to living cells. The synergy is gone.”
In other words, the automobile, in its original form, will drive better than a pile of its individual parts. Most people don’t follow this logic when examining a nutritional supplement.
Potency: Supplements makers typically try to stuff as much as possible in a capsule, telling us that the more we take, the better it is for us. This is simply not the case. As you now know, it is not necessarily the amount of a nutrient you ingest that is important, but its form and how much is bio-available that counts the most. In fact, remembering that ingesting single nutrient can actually create imbalances in the body; logic would dictate the higher the level of a single nutrient that you take in, the quicker this imbalance will occur.
What all of this means?
The potency of a supplement has much more to do with synergy than with actual nutrient levels. It is a combined effect of all the parts of the food, rather than the chemical effect of a single part, that is most important.
The Three Types of Nutritional Supplements
- Artificial chemicals made in a laboratory
- Most are made by pharmaceutical companies from coal tar or petroleum byproducts
- Often referred to as “nutraceuticals” (chemical nutrients)
- Based in the same reductionist principles as drug therapy
- Have a pharmacological (not nutritional or rebalancing ) effect on the body
- Are essentially over-the-counter drugs
- Lack essential co-factors (which complete and balance the nutrient complex)
- Create nutritional deficiencies of missing co-factors (that naturally occur in food)
- Results in a toxic “mega-dose” approach to therapeutics, e.g. (hundreds of thousands of milligrams of ascorbic acid mistakenly referred to as vitamin C)
- Accurately described as counterfeit or fake vitamins
- Have consistently been found less effective (than food concentrates)
- Common adverse reactions when combined with other drugs
- 99% of the “vitamins” people take (those from the pharmacy, health food store, vitamin store or mail order) are isolated synthetic chemicals
- Similar to synthetics in principle and effect
- Chemically extracted from foods or plants e.g.d-alpha tocopherol (mistakenly referred to as vitamin E) from soybean oil
- Most standardized herbal extracts are made in this way
3- Food concentrates
- Concentrated foods and plants that retain the full nutrient complex
- Made by simply removing the water and fiber from the food or plant
- Quality determined by farming methods; soil, water, sun, and the manufacturing process
- Produce far fewer adverse reactions and interactions with drugs
- Non-toxic, unlike isolated chemical vitamins
- Have a nutritional/rebalancing effect on the body; often referred to as “therapeutic foods”
- Provides nutrients in the way the body is designed to obtain them from foods, not chemicals
- Greater availability of nutrients in their original/natural form
Is your Vitamins Synthetic or Natural?
This is something you definitely want to find out. Dr. Joseph Mercola states: “Please don’t make the mistake of shopping for supplements at discount stores or large chains like Wal-Mart or Walgreen’s. In my opinion, these are classic examples of companies that primarily use cheap synthetic supplements. Don’t sell yourself short! Many retail outlets and online sellers are primarily interested in your money, not your health. Supplements are not their specialty. You wouldn’t go to your local burger joint for a nice filet mignon, would you? The same attitude should apply to your health products.”
How Do You Tell Whether or Not a Supplement You’re Looking at is a Good Choice
For starters, make sure it has the following characteristics:
- It is as close as possible to its natural form
- The utmost care has been taken in all phases of its production, from growing its ingredients, to manufacturing, testing for potency and quality control
- Try to select from companies that have a long track record of providing high quality products that produce good clinical result
There is Good News
Given proper nutrition, the human body has an amazing ability to heal itself. If properly fed and given the right nutrients, the human body is designed to repair itself. To do so, we need to eat a healthier diet, exercise, and take high-quality supplements made from whole foods. Whole food supplements supply our bodies with nutrients we are not getting from our diet, all the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, and phytonutrients that foods possess in a way that nature intended, in a whole food form.
Only Whole Food Supplements Complete the Nutritional Gap
Whole food supplements are made by concentrating foods for use in supplements. When processed correctly, they supply a multitude of the plant’s components. Foods provide nutrients that work synergistically. They work together to provide you with optimal nutrition for good health.
Why Standard Products & Mediherb
- The only supplements company to grow their own foods-complete quality control from seed to supplements
- The first company to produce a nutritional supplement-the Catalyn multi-nutrient formula, 1929
- 1,000 acres of company-owned, isolated, certified organic farmland; organic farming practices since 1929
- Farmland contains rich, black soil in the Kettle Moraine of Wisconsin; pure glaci water from a 600-foot deep artesian well
- Unique manufacturing process which preserves full nutritional integrity and bioactivity
Standard Products & Mediherb products are used for health restoration protocols that obtain extracts and phytochemicals – naturally occurring compounds found in fruits, vegetables, botanical herbs and other living things. These substances have been used for over 60 years by thousands of practitioners. Furthermore, Dr. Royal lee the owner and founder of Standard Process is known as the pioneer of a unique method of deriving extracts from the “cell determinants” of specific organs and glands for clinical use, called “protomorphogens”. It’s the trademark owned and used by Standard Process Inc., as a brand name assigned to these uniquely derived extracts.
These products are entirely natural, pure and safe alternative protocols you can trust. Due to the essential nutrients – proper high quality, raw organic, real, wholesome food – The quality, quantity and complexity of these essential nutrients are the key to assist you in conquering the signs and symptoms you suffer from. They provide your body with the right nutritional needs to correct the underlying cause of your symptoms. Giving proper nutrition to the human body, the body has the ability to heal and repair itself.
People find tremendous results from consuming these nutrients. On the surface it would appear to you that they subside your symptoms. However, it’s the whole complexity of these essential nutrients that are trying to get the body back to its original biological balance doing its properly job. Discover more here…